The BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® system is an FDA, CE-IVD, and TGA certified multiplex PCR system that integrates sample preparation, amplification, detection and analysis. This simple system requires just 2 minutes of hands-on time, with a total run time of about an hour – you get fast results to assist in better patient care.
The BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® system enables simultaneous testing for bacteria, viruses, yeast, parasites and/or antimicrobial resistant genes. It is designed to be used with comprehensive panels that each offer testing for sets of pathogens associated with some of today’s most pressing healthcare challenges.
- BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® Respiratory Panels: tests for a comprehensive panel of 20 respiratory viruses and bacteria.
- BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® Blood Culture Identification Panel: tests for a comprehensive list of 24 pathogens and 3 antibiotic resistance genes associated with bloodstream infections. With just one test you can identify pathogens in 9 out of 10 positive blood cultures.
- BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® Gastrointestinal Panel: tests for 22 common gastrointestinal pathogens including viruses, bacteria and protozoa that cause infectious diarrhea.
- BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® Meningitis Encephalitis Panel: tests directly in Cerebral Spinal Fluidfor the 14 most relevant ME-associated pathogens, including bacteria, viruses and a parasite.
- BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® Pneumonia plus Panel: tests for 18 bacteria (11 Gram negative, 4 Gram positive and 3 atypical), 7 antibiotic resistance markers, and 9 viruses that cause pneumonia and other lower respiratory tract infections.